Monday, September 14, 2009

obamaorama

I have read with interest and disdain the comments about our President...President Obama. But, it is with great shame that I have to comment about the racial bent of the most recent outbursts. While I am happy that the liberal writers and commentators are standing up against obvious but tethered racism, it is amazing that it should even be a topic. When people rose up against Obama's desire to speak to the students of our nation, it made me cringe...it made me sad. The guy from South Carolina, an elected Congressman, obliterates the common etiquette afforded the President and shouts him down. What the...? Is that some rhetorical device? Some political strategy? Or just plain bitterness and tasteless, gutteral emotion? And if it is the latter than what is it based on? Health care? Oh forgive me please. But am not sure the idea of "socialized" medicine would really create such an outcry.
So here we are back to square one. It had to happen in this mucked up country of ours. I mean no one shouted down Bush for his warmongering or ego-centric capitalistic desire to rid the world of non-Christians. Nope. That is an issue for Democrats I guess. They are too genteel. The Republicans are like rabid wolves foaming at their proverbial mouths should anyone say or do anything that they do not agree with.
The game is on. Obamarama. How will it end? How will it play out? Who will make the next move? Can anyone win?

No comments: